We are proud to have partnered with Cheshire East Council to become a Connected Communities Centre! This means that we may be able to offer free room hire to new groups, resident-led projects, or pilot-schemes for non-profit organisations, as well as investing in our digital equipment to improve the facilities available for users.
Book a room with us today by emailing our Bookings Manager email@example.com or by calling 01625 532600.
To help us make the process of hiring of spaces as quick and easy as possible, please follow the steps below.
- Decide which spaces you would like to hire. Our standard hiring costs can be seen here WURC Standard Hiring Costs – October 23 and in Step 4 below.
2. Remember to include booking time for setting up and tidying away.
3. Use the following link to our Hallmaster computerised booking system to see when spaces are available.
4. Read the Frequently Asked Questions (WURC FAQs 11-09-23), Church Hiring Costs (WURC Standard Hiring Costs – October 23), Church Hiring Agreement (WURC Hiring Agreement), Church Risk Assessment Template (WURC Risk Assessment Template v12), Church Safeguarding Policy (WURC Safeguarding Statement), Church Emergency Evacuation Procedure (WURC Emergency Evacuation Procedure), Summarised Data Privacy Statement (WURC Data Privacy Statement) and Church Covid Procedures Document (WURC Covid-19 Procedures 07-06-22).
i) enter a request for a booking using the Hallmaster system or
6. We will endeavour to get back to you within 2 working days to confirm the success, or otherwise, of your application. Please be aware, however, that occasionally there may be a delay in replying, but we will get back to you as soon as possible. If so, you will be sent two signed hard copies of the booking agreement. Sign both and return one to the Bookings Manager.
- We will try to answer any questions regarding potential hiring applications as soon as possible.
- Priority is given to activities related to Wilmslow URC. However, we try to work around booked-in paying hirers.
- Wilmslow URC reserves the right to refuse any request without explanation.
Spaces (Hallmaster Rooms Viewing Link)
Our Halls were built in 1858, extended in the 1880s and again in 1962 and 1999. They were extensively refurbished in 2022. WiFi is available throughout.
Approx. Size: 8.5m x 7m
This is to the right as you enter the Halls Vestibule and is suitable for meetings up to 47 people.
Approx. Size: 8m x 6.5m
This is opposite the door of the Halls Vestibule and is suitable for meetings of up to 40 people.
Approx. Size: 20m x 8m
This is to the left as you enter the Halls Vestibule and is suitable for games and meetings of up to 126 people. Two sets of double doors lead through to the Small Hall and so bookings cannot be taken in this Hall for lively events if there is a quieter event in the Small Hall. The Boiler Room which leads off this Hall contains 29 x 6-ft Go-Pack tables as well as mats for short mat bowling.
Approx. Size: 13m x 6.5m
This is to the left as you enter the Halls Vestibule and is suitable for quieter events and meetings of up to 66 people. Two sets of double doors lead through to the Large Hall and so bookings cannot be taken in this Hall for quiet events if there is a lively event in the Large Hall. 10 x 4-ft Go-Pack tables are stacked in a corner of this Hall.
Approx. Size: 6.5m x 4m
This is to the left as you enter the Halls Vestibule. It is well equipped with a commercial six-hob Electric Cooker, a Plate Warmer, a Fridge, a Microwave and a Commercial Dish Washer.
Our church building was opened in 1848 and extended in 1863 and 1982. The interior was refurbished in 1985 and 2005. The building is cross-shaped with an extensive vestibule and Undercroft. The Undercroft was completely redesigned and refurbished in 2017. WiFi is available throughout.
Approx. Size: 11m x 10m
This is a modern well-equipped room for a wide range of functions. The room itself is equipped with a large flat screen TV, a retractable screen, a ceiling mounted projector, and a table tennis table which is stored in a walk-in cupboard. A small kitchenette is attached with fridge, drinks cooler, freezer, microwave, automatic coffee machine, and commercial dish washer.
Approx. Size: 4m x 3.5m
Access to this room is through the Undercroft. This is the larger of the two rooms and is intended for counselling and very small meetings.
Approx. Size: 4m x 2.5m
Access to this room is through the Undercroft. This is the smaller of the two rooms and is intended mainly for counselling or 1-1 meetings.
Approx. Size: 20m x 17.5m
This area (including the gallery) is used for Sunday worship and for concerts and very large meetings. Glass doors can used to make the Church Vestibule into a separate meetings room. The area is equipped with extensive audio-visual facilities featuring two large monitor screens at the front. Since the Church Vestibule gives access to this area, it is booked automatically if this area is reserved.
Approx. Size: 9m x 13m
This is ideal for small/medium sized meetings. Since it gives access to the Worship Area, it is automatically booked if the Worship Area is reserved.